Thursday, March 15, 2012

Just starting...

Hello fellow bloggers! I am so happy to be debuting this blog for my business :)  Let's get to it! First up, how I got started. I was into my Etsy shop for about 6 months. I had been selling mostly beaded bracelets and doing the occasional custom order when I hit a dry spell. I know every shop/business has their ups and downs, but after getting a few hundred dollars in sales, I was pretty bummed. So this dry spell kept up for longer than I wanted, which could only mean one thing...something needed to change. I'll be honest, my shop has a little bit of everything, style-wise, and still does, since I haven't put up any my new inventory yet. So I did some research, read some articles (Btw, Etsy puts out some great resources for improving your shop. Check out my "Helpful Sites" tab for more info!) and saw a common piece of advice...are you ready? Customization. Sounds so simple, right? Give the option for customers to customize the product and, voila! Sorta like Field of Dreams, "If you build it, they will come".  So at the moment, I'm in the process of building it and let me tell you, it is one heck of a process. I decided on metal stamping. I could easily add it to my bead-work, it didn't appear to be difficult to learn, where as some beading techniques require classes and hours of practice to master. In addition, the start up costs were doable (I'll get into that later).

So where is this going, you might ask? Well, these first few posts will be my story of the process, dos and don'ts, what worked for me (and what didn't), info on metal types/sizes/gauges, and lots of information; the kind I wish I had all in one place when I started :) I'll also be hosting giveaways periodically and a fellow blogger has some stellar (and free!) marketing tips, so check back soon!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your feedback! I try to respond to as many comments as my busy life will let me, but sometimes I am unable to get to all of them. Just know that I appreciate each and every one of you!

I would also love to answer your questions, so please feel free to leave those as well as feedback, comments, ideas, etc. Make sure to enable your email if you'd like for me to reply.

If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave an email address so I can get back to you or you can email me directly: threesandfivesjewelry@gmail.com
Thanks! :)

How to enable your e-mail - BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your dashboard, click on "EDIT PROFILE" and place a check mark next to "SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS", and finally scroll to the bottom and click "SAVE PROFILE".